Preparation And Aftercare
Prior To Your Session
For the best streak free tan you must start with the smoothest base possible.
- Exfoliate all over and moisturise, this should be done the day before your session.
- Shaving or waxing should be done 24 hours before your session. If you use a razor with a moisturising strip be sure to rinse your legs thoroughly as these can leave a film on your skin which could cause patchiness.
- On the day of your session be completely free of moisturiser, make-up, deodorant and perfume. Avoid moisturising shower gels such as Dove or Imperial Leather.
- Remove jewellery and contact lenses.
I will arrive at your home with a pop up cubicle, spray tan machine and misting gun, towels and disposables and a selection of varying strength solutions. I also use a powerful extractor fan that will suck in any over spray providing extra protection to you and your property.
After your consultation I will prepare your skin by applying barrier cream to any dry areas to ensure an even streak free finish. I will then mist you from head to toe with your preferred solution and you will be dry and ready to get dressed within minutes. Your spray tan session will last approximately 30 minutes.
Your tan will take around 8-12 hours to develop (1-3 for Express) during which time your skin will turn quite dark – don’t panic!!! This is completely normal and is called the guide colour, when you shower this will wash away to reveal your natural looking tan underneath. You must follow these guidelines after your session.
- Avoid contact with water.
- Have dark loose fitting clothing to put on after your session and remember that any straps or waistbands can leave marks in your tan.
- Avoid tight fitting boots or shoes as these will rub off your tan, flip flops are best.
- Avoid exercise or any activity that will make you sweat as this will cause patchiness.
- Drink beverages through a straw to avoid taking the tan off your top lip.
- Do not apply any moisturisers or make-up while your tan is developing.
Maintaining Your Tan
- Avoid long hot baths or showers, quick warm showers are best.
- Use mild shower products such as Sanex, Simple or Baby shower gel, avoid any citrus ingredients or overly moisturising gels such as Dove.
- Pat your skin dry, don’t rub with a towel.
- Avoid products containing AHA’s.
- Keep skin moisturised with oil free products, anything oily or greasy will cause your tan to fade. Baby lotion, E45 or Vaseline Intensive Care are all non greasy.
- Swimming pools and sea water can cause your tan to fade prematurely so keep to a minimum.
* Please note if you are pregnant you cannot get a spray tan during your first trimester, any time after this is completely fine.
* Also if you are on or have recently been on a course of antibiotics/penicillin please inform your therapist as certain medications can affect the outcome of your tan.